FULTON, Mo. - Callaway County and state authorities are investigating a suspected arson near Fulton Monday morning.
Just before 6 a.m., Callaway County deputies responded to a fiew in the 4500 block of County Road 217. The fire destroyed an unoccupied home and outbuilding.
Firefighters from the Central, North Callaway, and Millersburg Fire Protection Districts responded to extinguish the fire.
Callaway County Sheriff Dennis Crane told ABC 17 News accelerants were found at the scene, leading officials to believe the fire was arson.
The Missouri State Fire Marshal's Office is assisting in the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Callaway County Sheriff's Office at 573-642-7291 or Crime Stoppers at 573-592-2474. Anonymous tips can also be made through the Callaway County Sheriff's Office website at www.callawaysheriff.org.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost