BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - An SUV hit a MoDot plow truck head-on just before 5 p.m. Tuesday night. The collision happened on Route E, just south of Sweringen Road near Harrisburg.
The driver of the SUV told ABC 17 News he was heading north on Route E when he lost control rounding a corner. He said he tried to get back on the road and saw the MoDot plow coming in the southbound lane. He then told ABC 17 News he tried to swerve around the plow, but missed, crashing head on into the truck.
The SUV flipped at least once before landing in a ditch.
The driver of the SUV told ABC 17 News he and his passenger were able to crawl out of the car. The driver suffered minor injuries, and his passenger was taken to a nearby hospital.
The condition of the passenger is unknown at this time.
The driver of MoDot was uninjured, but he told ABC 17 News the plow would be out of commission for "some time".
The plow snapped off of the truck during the collision.
The driver of the SUV said no one was ticketed because the accident occurred from snowy roads.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active