COLUMBIA, Mo. - An 18-year-old was arrested on Friday in west Columbia, accused of leaving the scene of an accident.
Police claim he lost control and slammed into a tree near Rothwell and Faurot Drives off Scott Boulevard. He then tried driving off.
The worst damage was on the front passenger side, where a 16-year-old was cut from the vehicle. A 19-year-old woman was also taken away in an ambulance.
Both had non-life threatening injuries.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze