BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - Three people were hurt in a car crash on Route O in western Boone County Saturday afternoon.
State Highway Patrol reports showed all three are teens and family friends said the boys are football teammates in Columbia.
17-year-old Eleazar Timko was driving at high speeds when his car went off the road and hit some trees, according to the report.
16-year-olds Cameron Parry and Scott James were also hurt in the crash. James was taken to University Hospital by Staff for Life helicopter after being removed from the car.
All three remained in the hospital Sunday afternoon, but their conditions could not be released because they are minors.
Emergency crews responded to the scene just before 4 p.m Saturday.
The 1300 block of Route O remained closed for about one hour during the response to the crash.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes