LAKE OZARK, Mo. - A Corinth, Texas man drowned Sunday afternoon while trying to get something out of the water at the Lake of the Ozarks.
David Wilson, 60, jumped into the water just before 1 p.m.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol report, Wilson swam some distance, went under water and resurfaced before going under again.
This was the fourth drowning in mid-Missouri so far this year.
Earlier this month, an Iowa man in Highway Patrol custody drowned when he went over the side of the patrol boat.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy