COLUMBIA, Mo. - Boone County firefighters responded to a house fire in northeast Columbia Sunday night just after 7 p.m.
Boone County fire officials said the fire started in a basement bathroom at a home in the 6000 block of St. Charles Road and Lake of the Woods.
Combustibles caught fire in the bathroom, as well as a couch that was just outside the bathroom.
Firefighters arrived on the scene seeing light smoke outside the home, but heavy smoke was filling the inside.
Crews extinguished the fire quickly and damages are estimated to be around $20,000.
The residents of the home made it out safely, but were not able to stay in the home Sunday night. Fire crews were also able to rescue the family dog.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Updated Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach