JEFFERSON CITY, Mo - The Jefferson City Police Department cracks down on heroin usage once again, in the arrests of three alleged heroin distributors. This crack down is in conjunction with The Heroin Overdose Prevention And Education campaign that began last January.
Steven Dennis, Tatum Carter, and Gregory Wright were arrested Sunday for distribution on the drug. The three men are from Chicago and did know each other before moving the Jefferson City.
The HOPE campaign was started by the Jefferson City Police Department last January and has resulted in a 60 percent decrease in overdoses in the city since the campaign began.
Lt. Joseph Matherne of the the HOPE campaign said, "We did heroin drug sweeps and we've made over 60 arrests just in conjunction with that since the campaign last year."
The HOPE campaign also offers education about the dangers of heroin, as well as treatment and counseling for users.
Click here for a list of drug counseling resources.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime