Since Friday, a total of 12 cars' tires have been slashed on Bellview off of Scott Boulevard in southwest Columbia.
Some neighbors said they aren't even staying at their homes in fear of their tires being slashed.
Kayla Lucas, a resident of the area said, "I came home to my tires slashed. I thought it was something personal with me, but it wasn't. The entire neighborhood's tires were vandalized."
Lucas said the vandalism ruined her weekend.
"It happened on the 4th of July and I went to get a rental car. The rental car place was closed. It was the worst thing ever."
She said, "We come home during the day, check on our place and then leave. So we pay rent for somewhere we can't stay because we're afraid of our car being vandalized."
One man who lives in the area said it cost him about $150 to replace just one tire.
Others weren't able to make it to work Monday.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active