Road work continues on multiple Mid-Missouri roads this week.
Pavement repair will close the Highway 63 southbound off-ramp to the Highway 54 westbound on-ramp from 7:00 Tuesday night through 6:00 Wednesday morning.
Drivers heading south on Highway 63 trying to access Highway 54 West should detour to to Highway 54 East, take the Summit Drive exit, then get back onto Highway 54 west.
Resurfacing work also begins Tuesday night for a 26 mile stretch between Route WW in Columbia and Highway 54 in Callaway County. Work begins on the northbound lane just north of Turkey Creek in Callaway Co. and will progress northward, moving about 2 miles each day. Lane closures will be required from 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. MoDOT will have lanes open in time for the morning commute.
Once workers reach Route WW, they will begin resurfacing the southbound lane back into Callaway County. The project is slated to be completed by November.
Other ongoing projects include the construction of a j-turn at Highway 63 and Hinton Road. That work is expected to last for the next two months. There will be lane closures throughout the construction but at least one lane of Highway 63 will be open in both directions through the duration of the project.
Paving in the northbound lanes of Providence Road in Columbia will begin Tuesday, and it is scheduled to be completed in November.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust