COLUMBIA, Mo. - Trash and recycling pickup in Columbia will be canceled on Monday. That means service will be delayed by a day the rest of the week due to the dangerous conditions expected to reach Mid-Missouri over the weekend.
City officials made the call on Friday because of the extremely cold temperatures, which could reach -20 degrees including wind chill.
Crews are scheduled to return back to work on their normal schedules Tuesday.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost