COLUMBIA, Mo. - The trial for a woman facing forgery and murder charges is now delayed.
Stacy Dory was in court on Monday in Columbia. Dory is accused of helping Liz Van Note pull her father off life support. Liz is a former lawyer from Kansas City and went to high school with Dory.
William Van Note was found shot and stabbed near the Lake of the Ozarks in 2010 along with his longtime girlfriend, Sharon Dickson.
Prosecutors want to try Van Note first so Stacy and her husband Desre could potentially serve as witnesses.
Stacy Dory was originally scheduled to go to court April 17. Van Note's trial is set for November 12.
Stacy and Desre Dory both have status hearings June 17.
All three suspects including Van Note are free on bond.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze