CENTRALIA, Mo. - Centralia police officers arrested two people Wednesday on suspicion of stealing vehicles.
In October, Centralia police officers investigated a report of a stolen camper. According to investigators, officers found Erik Ray and Angel Picton, both from Mexico, Mo., living in the camper on Route OO east of Hallsville. The camper was returned to the owners.
On Wednesday, police learned Ray and Picton were in a stolen pickup truck and had a stolen all-terrain vehicle in their possession. Police say the VIN on the truck had been altered.
Ray, 42, and Picton, 30, were taken to the Boone County jail for charges including stealing, receiving stolen property and removing or altering vehicle identification numbers.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost