JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Two people were injured early Tuesday following a serious car crash in Jefferson City. Police say Natalie Deekan, 19, was a driving a 2002 Chevrolet S-10 truck. It hit the back of a semi just after 6 a.m.
The tractor trailer was stopped along the exit ramp to Highway 54 at Ellis Boulevard. Deeken and her passenger, Matthew Schnieders, 22, went to the hospital.
Both people in the pickup were wearing seatbelts. The cause of the wreck is still under investigation.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy