KINGDOM CITY, Mo. - Two Fulton teenagers were injured in an accident at a problematic Callaway County intersection.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said Jared Buckholz, 16, of Fulton, was attempting to cross Highway 54 at County Road 148 around noon Friday when the accident happened.
His car failed to yield to oncoming traffic and was hit by a vehicle driven by Harold Moore, 73, of Auxvasse.
Buckholz suffered serious injuries and was taken to University Hospital in Columbia. His passenger, 14-year-old Jourdan Bond, was taken to the hospital with moderate injuries.
The intersection near North Callaway High School has long been considered dangerous by drivers and the Missouri Department of Transportation.
MoDOT announced plans in August to improve the intersection with construction to be completed prior to the 2014-2015 school year.
- Columbia Police Department raises money for mid-Missouri children's home
- Columbia city council approves public inconvenience fee
- Columbia City Council approves "public inconvenience fee"
- Updated Governor-elect Eric Greitens' wife robbed at gunpoint
- Jefferson City council to vote on voluntary annexation
- Woman dies in crash near Midway
- Search for MU chancellor will take "several months," UM System Spokesman reveals cost