COLUMBIA, Mo. - Fire crews are investigating a suspicious fire that destroyed an abandoned home in Boone County Thursday afternoon.
Boone County Fire Protection District Capt. Martina Pounds said law enforcement was originally called to the 7700 block of La Porte Avenue for a report of a burglary.
When they arrived around 4:20 p.m. and saw the building on fire, they called for fire assistance. Sixteen fire apparatuses were dispatched to the scene.
Pounds said the abandoned and unfinished home burnt down in under ten minutes and was completely destroyed.
The structure, located behind Country House Apartments, damaged the siding on the apartment building.
There is no damage estimate available and the fire is under investigation.
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018
- Winter weather car preparations: What you should have in your car
- Speed limit reduction coming to major Columbia roadway following MoDOT study
- Updated Confirmed structure fire on Perkins Road