BOONVILLE, Mo. - One of mid-Missouri's most well known radio personalities passed away Monday after a battle with cancer.
57-year-old Dane Gregg, who has been the voice of Boonville sports for decades, was also a morning show host on KWRT radio out of Boonville.
The beloved broadcaster posted on his Facebook wall March 4th, "I am again overwhelmed by the love and support for us! I would love to respond to you all, but with the hundreds of friends that have shown their love, well hope everyone understands! Thank you all again! And by the way, this is still in Gods hands! And he is merciful! I love you all!!"
Gregg resigned from his position at KWRT in late February citing health issues.
Visitation for Gregg will be this Friday, March 21st at Boonville High School from 4-8 p.m.
The funeral will be held there as well, on Saturday at 10:00 a.m, with burial to follow at Walnut Grove Cemetery.
Davis Funeral Chapel in Boonville is handling the arrangements.
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County