COLUMBIA, Mo. - A group of volunteers from mid-Missouri and across the country worked to renovate a home for homeless veterans in Columbia Saturday.
Region 7 of Team Rubicon, a disaster relief group made up of veterans, was part of the event at Welcome Home Inc on Rangeline Street.
The building that houses the organization was built in the 1970s and had seen little renovation since then.
"We are building some cabinets inside, taking down some trees in the back, we will build a fence and building a garden for the residence to grow crops in the growing season," said Welcome Home Inc president Ross Bridges.
Welcome Home Inc. provides emergency and transitional services for local veterans.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- MU football hires defensive line coach