JEFFERSON CITY, Mo - Joe Wilson was trying to transfer his boat from one trailer to another in the Missouri River when mechanical error caused him to become stranded in the water.
The boat was carried downstream and he called for help from his cellphone.
The Fire Department was dispatched at about 6:30 p.m.
Fire Department Boat One found Wilson and had the boats back to shore by around 7:30 p.m.
Wilson said that he would like to thank the Fire Department for helping him.
- Update: Ripley Street scene clear after reported fire
- Proposed law would make violence against police a hate crime
- Updated UPDATE: Fatal crash near Midway
- Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser