BOONE COUNTY, Mo. - A semi accident forced officials to shut down one lane of northbound Highway 63 Monday morning. The accident happened just south of the Highway 22 exit at the Boone/Randolph County line.
Officials say a gust of wind caused the driver of the truck to swerve, and when he over-corrected the truck flipped onto its side. The driver was not hurt in the accident.
The semi was carrying strawberries. Traffic was restricted for several hours until crews could move the semi truck off the road.
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes