COLUMBIA, Mo. - A Columbia woman was killed Thursday after an accident involving a dump truck.
Firefighters got to the scene around 10 a.m. at Oakland Gravel Road and Starke Avenue after dump truck collided with an SUV. Emergency crews say 81-year-old Betty G. Kemper was trapped in the SUV.
Officials say Kemper was traveling southbound on Oakland Gravel. The dump truck was turning left onto Oakland Gravel from Starke and turned into the path of the Kemper's SUV.
Crews used hydraulic tools to cut away the vehicle, and it took 15 minutes to free Kemper. She was transported to University Hospital with life-threatening injuries. Kemper later died from injuries she sustained in the crash.
The driver of the dump truck refused medical attention.
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement
- Fatal vehicle crash in Miller County