BOONE Co., Mo. - A 69-year-old woman was trampled by a bull in Boone County Thursday afternoon.
Boone County Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Gale Blomenkamp confirmed the incident happened in a pasture in the 11000 block of Barnes Chapel Road, about 5 miles south of Columbia.
Blomenkamp said a man turned around in the pasture and saw his wife underneath the bull.
The woman suffered serious injuries, including lacerations to her head and chest. She was flown to University Hospital by life flight helicopter.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members