COLUMBIA, Mo. - Part of a busy intersection in west Columbia is closed as construction crews work on the new diverging diamond interchange at Interstate 70 and Stadium Boulevard.
Worley Street east of Stadium Blvd. is closed through Thursday morning as crews work to widen Stadium.
The Missouri Department of Transportation says more than 24,000 cars go through the intersection every day.
MoDOT is asking drivers to use the following alternate routes.
Drivers heading westbound on Worley Street toward Stadium Boulevard can take Bernadette Drive both north and south to get back onto Stadium.
Drivers traveling eastbound on Worley Street and have to cross Stadium Boulevard will need to go south on Stadium to Ash Street. Once on Ash, drivers can turn left onto Bernadette Drive and then turn right onto Worley.
- Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active