COLUMBIA, Mo. - Rock Bridge football coach A.J. Ofodile has been suspended by the Missouri State High School Activities Association. He will be not be allowed to coach Rock Bridge during summer workouts after an "enrollment violation."
Ofodile told ABC 17 the matter centers around a transferring player. The former Mizzou football standout said the player was transferring under "special circumstances." But the Rock Bridge coach said he misinterpreted MSHSAA's transferring rules and "allowed the player to participate in workouts prior to when he was allowed."
The coach said he self-reported the incident to MSHSAA officials.
Ofodile will be allowed to participate in August practices leading up to the start of the regular season. Rock Bridge is coming off a state finals appearance, but finished second after falling to Blue Springs in the championship game.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy