JEFFERSON CITY - Tanner Elder is heading across the Atlantic to play in one of the biggest tournaments in his young career. The 16-year old from Jefferson City will play in the Euro Junior Cup this upcoming weekend. He is one of eighth Americans to play in the Boys 15-19 Division.
On Wednesday, Cole County Commissioners presented the Blair Oaks golfer with a proclamation for his accomplishment.
Elder recently helped the Falcons to a fifth-place finish at the state golf tournament in May. Elder finished tied for eighth in the individual competition.
The Euro Junior Cup starts August 1 and ends August 9.
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"