COLUMBIA - Hickman guard Jimmy Whitt will make college decision tomorrow, he told ABC 17 Sports Director Austin Kim in a text message. Whitt will decide between Missouri, Arkansas, Marquette, Illinois and SMU and make his announcement at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
"Blessed to say that I will be committing tomorrow at 5pm At Hickman High School," Whitt says in a tweet Monday night. "I invite you to come share the moment with my family."
Whitt had planned official visits with each of the five schools this fall. However, he has taken numerous unofficial visits this summer. In early August, Whitt took a trip to Champaign to visit John Groce and the Illini. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch also reports that Whitt visited Arkansas this week.
The Hickman star is entering his senior season and said he wanted to make a college decision before the start of the regular season.
What could help MU is the fact Whitt is the proximity to home. Whitt told ABC 17 in July that playing in Columbia is appealing because he wants his family and friends to watch him. MU also has another roster spot open after Torren Jones was dismissed from the team, allowing them to hit the Class of 2015 hard.
Whitt was an all-state selection last year and helped the Kewpies reach the state title game before falling to C.B.C. out of St. Louis.
- Updated Crash shuts down Highway 124 between Hallsville and Centralia
- University of Missouri System curators elect a new chairman
- Missouri to consider ending business tax slammed by Trump
- Deputies arrest man on suspicion of stealing a truck
- 3 people taken to hospital after Kingdom City crash
- One hurt in Cole County crash
- Federal court rules in favor of city in District Flats lawsuit