COLUMBIA, Mo. -
Despite 29 points from Jimmy Whitt, Hickman boys basketball fell to CBC in the Class 5 state final game, 86-77 in overtime. CBC's Jordan Barnett scored 43 points while grabbing 20 boards.
The Kewpies were down 12 going into the fourth quarter, but was able to send the game into overtime thanks to a late three from Mason Murray. Hickman outscored the Cadets 29-17.
Chris Clark had 18 points while Douglas Johnson finished with 16. Whitt also grabbed seven rebounds and seven steals in the loss.
Barnett's 43 points ire the ninth most scored in a single Missouri state finals tournament game.
Hickman finishes the year 27-3.
Helias boys take third
Fresh off a three overtime semifinal, the Helias boys beat Farmington 60-53 at Mizzou Arena.
Isiah Sykes led the way with 16 points while Hale Hentges scored 11.
After falling behind by three points in the opening period, the Crusaders were more aggressive. Helias shot 36 free throws, while Farmington only attempted 13.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- MU football hires defensive line coach