SEDALIA, Mo. - A Tipton football player remains in critical condition Monday after sustaining an injury Thursday.
Chad Stover was transported to University Hospital in Columbia after suffering a severe head injury.
Tipton High School officials said the incident happened during Thursday's game against Sacred Heart in Sedalia. Stover collapsed after a hit with six minutes left in the fourth quarter. The game was called off following the injury.
Tipton R-VI Schools superintendent said Stover has a severe brain injury and is using a ventilator.
According to the Tipton R-VI School District website, Stover is a junior at the school.
Family and friends haven taken to social media, asking everyone to #PrayforChad. Residents in Tipton and surrounding communities have also begun wearing red ribbons, some marked with the number 18, Stover's jersey number.
On Monday, the community continued to rally behind Stover and his family, wearing red to school and work.
Stay with ABC 17 News and abc17news.com for more on this developing story.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy