ATLANTA - Jason Heyward, Justin Upton and Dan Uggla homered in the eighth inning, and Juan Francisco hit a pair of solo shots earlier in the game to help the Atlanta Braves win their 10th straight with a 6-3 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday night.
Atlanta's 10-game winning streak is its longest since the club won 15 straight from April 15-May 2, 2000. The Braves are 12-1 and off to their best start since they began the 1994 season 13-1.
Eric O'Flaherty (3-0) allowed one hit and struck out two in a scoreless eighth for the win in relief.
eyward's second homer, Upton's eighth and Uggla's third were solo shots off Kelvin Herrera (1-1), who gave up three hits, four runs and one walk in two-thirds of an inning.
The Braves have outhomered opponents 25-7 and outscored opponents 68-25 for the best run differential in the majors.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy