LAKE OZARK, Mo. - It is annually one of the biggest events at the Lake of the Ozarks.
This year, the 25th annual Shootout will air in mid-Missouri only on FOX22.
Some of the most elite racing boats in the world will be in the lake Aug. 24-25 competing, not for a purse of cash, but for bragging rights and fastest speed.
The money raised from the event goes back to charities in the community and to local emergency crews.
Dave Scott, owner of Nauti Marine, is just one of the many avid boat racers who is an annual competitor in the races. Scott took ABC17 Sports Director Tyler Fulghum out on the water in his own racing boat and showed him what it's like to touch 155 mph on water.
That may seem fast, but it's no where near the case for Scott. He holds numerous boating speed records and says the fastest he's clocked at this event is 218 mph.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members