COLUMBIA, Mo. - Head Coach Frank Haith added to his nationally ranked recruiting class on Wednesday as Southwestern Illinois College big man Keanau Post signed a national letter of intent to attend Missouri.
As a junior college transfer, Post will be eligible to play for the Tigers immediately.
The 6-foot-11, 260-pound Post was a Second Team Junior College All-American last season as a sophomore after averaging 12.3 points -- on 54 percent shooting from the field -- 8.3 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game.
Post was named the Great Rivers Athletic Conference MVP in 2013 and was a First Team All-Regional 24 selection.
"We are excited to be adding Keanau to the program," Head Coach Frank Haith said. "Obviously, he fills a big need for us inside and gives us depth at the center position. I am really excited about his potential here at Mizzou."
Post joins the three-person November signing class of high school seniors: Wes Clark, Torren Jones and Jonathan Williams III.
- Updated Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes
- Fire district advises residents of ways to avoid a home fire this winter
- Columbia woman arrested for forging prescriptions
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia man to federal prison for sex trafficking
- Jefferson City police awarded DWI vehicle to step up enforcement
- Fatal vehicle crash in Miller County