COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Missouri Tiger baseball team has hit four home runs this season. The No. 2 LSU Tigers (25-2, 7-1 SEC) hit four home runs Saturday at Taylor Stadium.
Mizzou (9-14, 2-6 SEC) was shut out for the second straight game, falling to the Tigers from Baton Rouge, 8-0.
LSU starter Ryan Eades improved to 6-0 on the year, throwing eight shutout innings.
First baseman Mason Katz homered for the second straight game, his 12th of the season, and drove in three of LSU's runs.
Third baseman Christian Ibarra tripled his home run count on the season in one game, blasting his second and third of the season in the rout. His third homer of the year cleared the Missouri bullpen in left field.
The two teams wrap up their three-game series Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze