COLUMBIA, Mo. - Four outstanding former student-athletes have been selected for induction into the University of Missouri Intercollegiate Athletics Hall of Fame. They will represent the 24th induction class since the inception of the Hall in 1990.
The formal induction ceremony will be held Saturday, February 15th, 2014 in the Reynolds Alumni Center on the MU campus beginning at 11 a.m.
During the Mizzou men's basketball game on Feb 15th, the hall of fame inductees will be recognized at halftime.
Here is a look at this year's inductees, with more extensive biographical information to follow:
CLASS OF 2013
Aaron Crow – Baseball (2006-08)
One of the most dominant pitchers to ever throw for MU; Won the Roger Clemens Award in 2008 as the nation's top pitcher, and was named Big 12 Pitcher of the Year as well.
Dan Pippin – Men's Basketball (1944, 47-49) [Native of Waynesville, Mo.]
Two-time 1st-Team All-Conference performer on the hardwood who helped guide MU to its first-ever NCAA Tournament in 1944; Was a captain on the USA Olympic Team in 1952.
John Putnam – Men's Swimming (1965-68) [Native of Carthage, Mo.]
Was part of the first-ever men's swim team at Mizzou and helped build the program from scratch; Won eight Big 8 Conference medals and held nine school records at one time.
Ashley Wysong – Women's Track/Cross Country (1998-2000) [Native of Nevada, Mo.]
A four-time All-American who excelled at 800 meters and who still holds MU school records both indoors and outdoors at that distance.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze