COLUMBIA, Mo. - The former Missouri Tiger power forward has signed with the Memphis Grizzlies.
Bowers says he is extremely grateful for the opportunity, adding he can't wait to play for his hometown team.
Bowers, who grew up in Memphis, signed with the Grizzlies Friday night. He averaged 14.1 points a game and 6.1 rebounds as a senior.
He is now the third member from this years year's class to make it with an NBA team. Center Alex Oriahki was drafted in the second round Thursday to the Phoenix Suns, and point guard Phil Pressey signed with the Boston Celtics as a free agent.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members