COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Tigers just wanted to get one. And on Sunday, they gave No. 2 LSU all they got. Until the visiting Tigers came roaring back.
Mizzou took an early 5-1 lead in the series finale against No. 2 LSU (26-2, 8-1), but the visiting Tigers responded with five unanswered runs to complete the series sweep by a 6-5 final Sunday.
Keaton Steele (2-1) took the loss for Mizzou, but he had a career-best seven strike outs, throwing 4.1 innings, allowing two unearned runs. Dane Opel continued his hot hitting extending his on-base streak reached 17 consecutive games.
- Crews to reduce speed limit on major Columbia roadway Wednesday
- Columbia VFW shooting suspect sentenced to prison
- Winter weather: What you should have in your car
- Delta Upsilon suspends its Missouri chapter until 2018
- Winter weather car preparations: What you should have in your car
- Speed limit reduction coming to major Columbia roadway following MoDOT study
- Updated Confirmed structure fire on Perkins Road