COLUMBIA, Mo. - Maty Mauk completed 11 of 15 passes for 129 yards while five defensive players earned sacks in the 2014 Black and Gold game. The Tigers Two (comprised of reserves) beat Mizzou One (MU starters) 21-20. The reserve team was given a 14-0 lead to start the game.
Mauk hit Darius White for a 38-yard pass over the middle, which later led to an Andrew Baggett field goal.
Gavin Otte came up with the biggest first quarter player for the reserve offense. The walk-on from Rolla leaped for the 33-yard catch. The catch would be the Tigers Two's only first down of the first half.
The Mizzou One offense took a lead when Trent Hosick found Eric Laurent for a 93-yard touchdown. But freshman quarterback Marvin Zanders would answer for the reserves, running 80 yards for the game-winning touchdown. Hosick finished 4-9 for 107 yards and a touchdown.
Darvin Ruise led all players with eight tackles, while Rickey Hatley and Josh Augusta each had five.
Missouri opens the regular season on August 30th at home against South Dakota State.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy