COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Missouri Sports Hall of Fame will recognize three Missouri athletes for their outstanding fall seasons. Molly Kreklow and Lisa Henning will receive Special Achievement Awards from the Hall of Fame, while Missouri defensive end Michael Sam will earn the same award for his unanimous All-American achievement.
Henning and Kreklow led the Tigers to a 34-0 regular season record, including the school's first SEC championship in any sports. Kreklow and Henning were one of the most dominant offensive duos in the country and both earned All-American honors.
Sam became the football program's second unanimous All-American selection. He led the SEC in sacks and forced the fumble that allowed Missouri to seal the 2014 Cotton Bowl victory.
The Hall of Fame will honor the athletes in Springfield, Mo. on January 26th.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Updated First responders take extra precautions to save lives in cold weather
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Car windows smashed in break-in spree
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight