COLUMBIA, Mo. - Softball:
Freshman Natalie Fleming (2B/3B) and pitcher Tori Finucane helped lead the No. 13 Tigers softball team to sweep the weekend series against Ole Miss Saturday afternoon 9-1.
Three runs, two RBI and her third home run of the weekend from Fleming and 6.0 innings of two-hit softball from Finucane gave Mizzou the edge Saturday.
Finucane continued to hold off the Ole Miss offense pitching 6.0 innings giving up only two hits, one unearned run and two walks while striking out five batters.
The Missouri baseball team hosted No. 22 Mississippi State for game two of the series Saturday losing 6-2.
John Miles pitched into the seventh innings and striking out three MSU hitters, though he was charged with four runs.
Ryan Howard (3B) scored the tigers two runs for the Tigers.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime