COLUMBIA, Mo. - Brianna Kulas scored 24 points and gathered 13 rebounds to lead Missouri in a mild upset of No. 25 Georgia 66-56 on Thursday night.
The teams had the same number of field goals for the game, but Missouri (13-3, 2-1 Southeastern Conference) hit two more 3-pointers and eight more free throws than Georgia (12-4, 0-3).
Kayla McDowell added 13 points for the Tigers, as they rebounded from a loss to Arkansas earlier in the week.
Georgia was led by Khaalidah Miller's 12 points, while Krista Donald added 11. The Lady Bulldogs have lost three in a row and four of their last five.
Georgia led by as many as 10 in the first half, but Missouri rallied to trail by just two at the intermission as Lindsey Cunningham had a pair of buckets in the last 49 seconds of the frame. Missouri then outscored Georgia 33-21 in the second half.
- Four people injured in Montgomery County crash likely caused by weather
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Man charged with possesion of child pornography to be sentenced Monday
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Pipe replacements to close roads in Callaway County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy