BATON ROUGE, La. - On Thursday night, Brianna Kulas paced Missouri with 23 points, Morgan Eye finished with 12 in the 75-58 loss to No. 16 LSU.
Lianna Doty found Kayla McDowell for a layup with 15:57 to play, pulling Missouri within six, 46-40. LSU (18-5, 7-3 SEC) responded with a 14-0 run which opened up a 20-point lead for LSU.
Missouri (14-9, 3-7) responded immediately, scoring the game's next 12 points to trim its deficit to eight, 60-52, with 6:35 remaining.
A jumper by Plaisance with just fewer than 6 minutes left pushed the LSU lead back to 10 and Missouri never got within single digits again as LSU made 11 of 12 free throws in the final 2:24.
Plaisance added nine rebounds and three blocked shots while Raigyne Moncrief finished with 15 points and four steals.
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust
- Injury crash shuts down westbound Highway 50
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Updated Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated Boone County crews battle house fire on West Wolfe Road
- Lack of school resource officers in Boone County
- Updated MU football hires defensive line coach