COLUMBIA, Mo. - Bri Kulas scored 30 points to lead No. 14 LSU over Missouri 87-68 on Thursday.
The Lady Tigers (14-3, 3-1) shot 50 percent overall and 13 of 19 (68 percent) from beyond the arc. Theresa Plaisance added 15 points and seven boards, while Anne Pedersen chipped in with 13.
Missouri (13-5, 2-3) didn't play poorly - it shot 40 percent from the floor and 40 percent (11 of 28) on 3-pointers - but just couldn't keep up. Missouri was led by Brianna Kulas with 30 points, while Jordan Frericks and Morgan Stock both scored 11. Frericks added 11 rebounds.
Missouri jumped out quickly to take a 12-2 lead after almost four minutes, but LSU clawed back to lead by two at the break, 42-40.
LSU pulled away in the second without going on a run, consistently scoring three buckets for every two by Missouri to gradually grind out the win.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes