COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Missouri Women's basketball team beat Evansville Purple Aces to a 78-43.
A heavy dose of Bri Kulas in the opening minutes helped Missouri grab an early 11-7 lead. The senior captain scored nine of the team's first 11 points.
From then on, Evansville began double-teaming Kulas, allowing her to dish to fellow forward Jordan Frericks for an easy lay-up.
Morgan Stock buried two quick three-pointers off the bench and Tania Jackson nailed her first trey ball of the season to give the Tigers a 21-9 advantage with 12 minutes left in the first half.
Stock tallied 15 points behind five three-pointers, matching her performance from Sunday's win over SIUE.
Missouri's bench contributed 43 points, good for more than half of the team's total and made 15 total three-pointers and rode 45-percent shooting from the field to sustain its lead throughout the game.
Seven different Tigers made a shot from beyond the arc.
Freshman Sierra Michaelis got in on the action in the second half. Her back-to-back long balls with 11 minutes to go handed Missouri a 27-point lead finishing with a career high of 10 points.
Despite the efficient shooting from the Tiger guards, the post players led the way in scoring.
Frericks earned her first career double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Kulas added a team-high 16 points.
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver