COLUMBIA, Mo. - The Missouri Tiger softball team earned the No. 6 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament. As a result Mizzou will host the Columbia regional May 17-19.
Coming to mid-Missouri to join the Tigers in this four-team regional is: Stony Brook, Oregon State, and Hofstra.
Mizzou opens regional play Friday, May 17, against Stony Brook at 6:30 p.m.
If Missouri is able to win this regional, they would host the NCAA Super Regional against the winner of the Washington regional. The Huskies are the No. 11 seed in the tournament.
Seven of the 16 teams hosting regionals in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament are SEC teams.
- Updated Woman in fatal crash wasn't wearing seat belt
- Updated Suspect indecently exposes himself on East Rollins Street
- New Man's petition to set aside guilty plea in murder case denied
- Governor's security detail to remain same under Greitens
- Man is arrested for aggravated stalking, was hiding in victim's backyard
- Victim assaulted and robbed by same suspect within a week
- Governor--elect Greiteins vows to tighten up on crime