COLUMBIA, Mo. - Softball:
Sunday the No. 15 Missouri softball team clinched the series against No. 3 Florida 5-4.
For a second-straight game, the Tigers lead the Gators 4-0 in the first inning. Mizzou held Florida to four suns as Tori Finucane pitched seven innings and allowed seven hits.
Junior Corrin Genovese (SS) hit her first career grand slam helping the Tigers score the first four runs of the game.
Freshman Casey Stangel (DP) hit a home run in the second inning finishing off Missouri's scoring.
Mizzou improved to 38-13 overall and 14-7 in Southeastern Conference play, while Florida fell to 42-10 and 12-9.
Next on the schedule is Creighton on Tuesday April 29th for a doubleheader.
Sunday the Missouri baseball team dropped the series finale against No. 6 Florida 6-5 in 10 innings.
Senior Eric Anderson went 2-for-5 accompanied by a pair of RIBs and double while Kendall Keeton tallied this third three-hit game of the season and a run scored.
The Tigers scored in the second, fifth and sixth innings, but the Gators rallied to tie the game forcing extra innings.
Today's extra innings marked Mizzou's fourth extra-innings game in the last eight and second this week.
Next on the schedule is SEMO on Tuesday at Taylor Stadium in Columbia, Mo.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes