COLUMBIA, Mo. - Softball:
On Friday night, in front of more than 2,000 fans, the No. 13 Missouri softball team fell to No. 6 Alabama 3-1.
The Crimson Tide scored a run first in the second inning.
Sami Fagan hit an RBI single allowing Taylor Gadbois to score the solo run for the Tigers.
Top of the 7th, Casey Stangel taking the circle allows Alabama to score the game winning run and one more.
With tonight's win, Alabama out right wins the SEC title.
Friday night, Mizzou hosts No. 9 Vanderbilt in the first game of the weekend series and fall to the Commodores 8-3.
Jake Ring hit a sac-fly allowing Kendall Keeton to score the first run for Mizzou.
Brettt Graves started on the mound for the Tigers going 5.2 innings and giving up 11 hits and give earned runs.
Tigers would score two more runs but the Commodores outlast Mizzou for the win.
- Updated COMOGives on This Week
- Updated New School of Music building approved for University of Missouri
- One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members