COLUMBIA, Mo. - Softball:
Saturday afternoon, No. 13 Mizzou lost the series to No. 6 Alabama in front of more than 2,000 fans at University Field 2-0.
The Crimson Tide scored two runs on Mizzou errors, and the Tigers fell short after loading the bases in the bottom of the last two innings.
Saturday was senior night honoring Mackenzie Sykes and Alora Marble.
No. 9 Vanderbilt gained the edge over Mizzou Saturday afternoon winning 5-1 to clinch the series.
Peter Fairbanks took the mound reliving John Miles. Fairbanks set a career high with six K's.
Logan Pearson scored the single run for the Tigers.
Before the game, the 1954 National Champion Mizzou baseball team was honored and presented with replica jerseys.
- No injuries after Boone County fire; structure is "total loss"
- Car flips in Columbia crash, driver arrested
- Stephen Webber elected state Democratic Party chairman
- Missouri meth lab seizures down sharply in 2016
- Driver flown to hospital after rollover crash in Camden County
- Columbia City Council to consider implementing new traffic safety policy