COLUMBIA, Mo. - On Friday, Mizzou Softball's All-America performer for the 2014 season, redshirt sophomore OF Taylor Gadbois was awarded the National Fastpitch Coaches Association Golden Shoe award.
The award is presented annually to the student-athlete determined to be the most outstanding base stealer.
The Tigers' stand out season included stealing 46 bases in 51 attempts. Gadbois' successful season of thievery ranks tied for the third-best single-season base stealing performance all-time at Mizzou.
In 12 games, she stole multiple bases.
Gadbois earned Third Team NFCA All-America and First Team All-SEC recognition after a season in which she posted a .421 batting average and totaled 85 hits, the latter mark ranking tied for the second-most hits in program history.
Gadbois was honored among 10 student-athletes from NCAA (Division I, II and III, NAIA, NJCAA, Cal JC, NWAAC and high school.
- Updated One charged, 4 more in custody for burglaries
- Updated Boone County home total loss after fire on West Wolfe Road
- Colder temperatures can be dangerous for pets
- Sewer line smoke test scheduled for downtown Columbia
- Updated Holts Summit man arrested for threatening family members
- Prosecutor files charge against former MU wide receiver
- Updated One suspect charged in multi-county burglary bust