COLUMBIA, Mo. - Mizzou basketball improved to 10-0, squeaking by Western Michigan 66-60 at Mizzou Arena on Sunday.
The Tigers had four players in double figures, as Jabari Brown led the way with 15 points. Jordan Clarkson and Earnest Ross had 12 points while Tony Criswell ended with 10.
Both teams were slow to get going in the first half. Both the Tigers and Broncos could not pull away from each other, and also had trouble holding onto the ball. Mizzou committed 17 turnovers, but Western Michigan shot 26.5% from the field and could not capitalize on the Missouri miscues.
Mizzou pulled away after the Broncos got within two in the middle of the second half. The Tigers went up by as many as 11 with approximately 8 minutes to play. They were able to hold on to win their 25th-straight game at Mizzou Arena (best active streak in the NCAA) while also pushing their winning streak to 80 games against non-conference opponents at home.
The Tigers will travel to St. Louis to take on Illinois in the annual Braggin' Rights game on Saturday.
- Columbia man convicted of threatening witnesses, attorney
- Audit finds gaps in state payroll system security
- MU students present designs for new airport terminal
- Suspect breaks into five parked cars at three different gyms
- Vehicle crash on Providence Road and I-70 exit ramp
- No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze