COLUMBIA, Mo. - Senior defensive end Michael Sam won the AP's SEC Defensive Player of the Year award, while also joining four other Tigers on the first team All-SEC list.
Sam, E.J. Gaines, Justin Britt, Kony Ealy made the first team, while Andrew Wilson (team-leading 98 tackles) and Dorial Green-Beckham (830 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns) made the second team.
Junior defensive end Markus Golden was on the honorable mention list.
Sam finished with 10.5 sacks, while becoming a force on one of the nation's best defensive fronts. Ealy was second on the team with 7.5 sacks, while Gaines has four interceptions. Offensive lineman Justin Britt is the lone offensive player on the first team
One noticeable omission is receiver L'Damian Washington, who had 853 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns. Washington was not selected to any of the all-SEC teams.
Missouri will play in the 2014 Cotton Bowl Classic on January 3rd against Oklahoma State.
- Updated No one hurt in south Columbia apartment complex fire overnight
- Two dozen firefighters battle Boone County barn blaze
- Winter heat related fires
- Columbia Police Department hosts Coffee with a Cop
- Boil advisory issued for part of Osage County
- Mizzou recommends third MMR vaccine for students amid mumps outbreak
- Columbia parking task force draws up possible changes