COLUMBIA, Mo. - Saturday morning, the Mizzou football team held their second spring scrimmage. The defense won over the offense 18-16.
This scrimmage, like the first was decided by the final play.
Sophomore corner back Aarion Penton had two interceptions, one being the game winner.
Marcus Murphy returned. Murphy said his ankle which he sprained last week was sore. Despite the injury, Murphy scored three touchdowns on 9 carries over 58 yards.
Junior defensive lineman Shane Ray said despite a victory for the defense, as a unit they need to keep working while head coach Gary Pinkel said with each practice, each snap, the team is getting closer to where the team needs to be.
- Updated Interim president announces search for permanent chancellor
- New Man arrested for kidnapping and assaulting Columbia woman
- Repeat offender arrested
- Police arrest a man after he allegedly threatens a woman with a machete and taser
- Montgomery County crash likely weather related
- Amid snowfall, crews respond to at least five crashes in less than an hour
- Driving in snow and ice conditions