COLUMBIA, Mo. - Mizzou baseball standouts Keaton Steele and Josh Lester were named to the All-Southeastern Conference Teams.
Steele was named to the All-SEC First Team as a utility player and Lester earned the first base position on the All-Freshman Team. Steele is the first Tiger to land on an All-Conference First Team since both Aaron Senne and Brett Nicholas earned a spot on the All-Big 12 First Team in 2010.
Steele led Mizzou with five wins on the mound, two saves and hit .276 with 24 RBIs and a team-high five homers. He was the only player in a power conference to lead his team in wins, saves and home runs this season.
Lester hit .260 on the year, driving in 25 runs, just three off of the team-lead. Defensively, he only committed four errors in 281 chances, good for a .986 fielding percentage, a team-best among Tiger infielders.
- Updated Jefferson City Fire Department responds to apartment fire
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota pipeline protest
- Columbia veteran joins thousands in North Dakota protest
- MU study predicts reduction in crashes with new technology
- Woman pleads guilty in large drug ring
- Online fundraising for MU tutor no longer active